Working in professional isolation?
Members agree that the Guild is unique in that it provides a caring, worldwide, connection with others who willingly share scientific illustration techniques and business experiences. You don't have to be a member to visit our web site, use the Listserv, ask a question in our general Forum, or to purchase our publications, but joining GNSI has advantages.
Who can joinMembership is available for all persons or organizations having an appreciation of and a genuine interest in furthering the objectives of enhancing and diffusing knowledge about illustration for the sciences.
Professional development opportunities (think resume):
- Learn: At Guild workshops and courses, some offer credit
- Participate: Any way that you can help the Guild is likely to benefit you
- Connect: Make professional connections, join a Chapter
- Teach: Present at Guild conferences and workshops
- Officiate: Start a new chapter, or become an officer in an existing one
- Coordinate: Participate in existing Guild projects, or start a new one
Two membership options:
Membership: $85/yr or $160/ 2yrs (outside the USA- add $20/yr for postage or $40/yr for Airmail)
Digital Membership: $75/yr or $145/ 2yrs (all publications available online)
Membership starts from the day your dues are received.
- Membership runs from the day you join for its full term
- Optional public listing of your illustration business
- Access to the Directory of Members
- Access to all the features of the GNSI Website
- Technique Sheets II packet (For new members)
- The GNSI Journal (published quarterly)
- Traveling Exhibit (membership not required, but an institution host is)
- Funding for educational outreach (proposal based)
- Free download of most Guild publications in PDF form (through the Store when logged in)
- Reduced cost to members:
You may order a membership brochure from our online store.