GNSI Conference/Annual Business Meeting
The "core" part of the conference lasts just a few days, if that is all you can attend, but this event generally stretches out to a full week of learning, sharing and fun. While each conference has its own unique character, the program generally includes:
- Portfolio sharing/reception - meet your peers and share some stories.
- Keynote address - exciting speakers relate whatÍs happening in our field.
- Program sessions - frequently include topics of business, legal, technique themes.
- Members art exhibit/reception - see the best of peersÍ work in this juried show.
- Business meeting - hear Board reports, and participate in Guild business.
- Banquet - experience cuisine generally in tune with local specialties.
- Auction - bid on artwork, publications, materials (and more) to help the Guild financially.
- Workshops - learn about electronic and traditional (and sometimes off-beat) media.
- Field trips - go to preserves, parks, museums, zoos, arboretums, etc.
Next Conference: 2013 GNSI Annual Conference
Place: Bar Harbor, Maine – College of the Atlantic
Dates: July 7 - 13, 2013
Links to Conferences:
2013 - Bar Harbor, Maine
2012 - Savannah, Georgia
2011 - Olympia, Washington
2010 - Raleigh, North Carolina
2009 - Fort Kent, Maine
2008 - Ithaca, New York
2007 - Montana State University, Bozeman
2006 - University of Madison, Wisconsin
2005 - Bar Harbor, Maine
2004 - Williamsburg, Virginia
2003 - Denver, Colorado
2002 - Lawrence, Kansas
2001 - Bar Harbor, Maine
2000 - Évora, Portugal
1999 - Richland, Washington
1998 - Iowa State University at Ames, Iowa
1997 - University of California at Santa Cruz, CA
1996 - Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC
1995 - Northern Arizona University at Flagstaff
1994 - Stouffer Hotel, Orlando, Florida (World Congress on Biomedical Communications)
1993 - Western Washington University at Bellingham
1992 - Univ. of Southern Colorado, Pueblo, CO
1991 - Duke Univ., Durham, NC
1990 - Univ. of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
1989 - UC at Santa Barbara, CA
1988 - Colorado State Univ., Fort Collins, CO
1987 - University of Georgia, Athens, GA
1986 - Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC
1985 - University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
1984 - RISD - Providence, Rhode Island
1983 - Ann Arbor, Michigan
1982 - Seattle, Washington
1981 - Gainesville, Florida
1980 - Savannah, Georgia (at AMI-BlO '80)
1979 - Hunt Botanical Library, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA